Motivational Running Quotes
If you’re looking for motivational trail running quotes, read on for some good motivation and inspiration! You can also find motivational trail running quotes scattered around the blog, like over at 4 Awesome Inspiring Trail Running Quotes.
My trail running kids love trying to decipher the meaning of quotes, song lyrics, and poetry. Kids are naturally curious. The mental and physical freedom trail running offers supports that natural curiosity.
To instill confidence and encourage enthusiasm for running, natural curiosity, self-reliance, and determination, here are 10 quotes that have inspiring messages and are fun to share and discuss with runner kids.
Running with Kids Entertainment: Use Quotes for a trail running game
Tip: Memorize or pull up on your phone the following quotes. On the trail, ask your child what they think the quote means, how it might apply to running, how it might apply to life, and what it means to them, personally. Bonus: This type of discussion helps develop creative and critical thinking skills.
1. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up.”—Dean Karnazes
2. “There are clubs you can’t belong to, neighbors you can’t live in, schools you can’t get into, but the roads are always open.”—NIKE
3. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – unknown
4. “Remember that feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running.” – Sarah Condor
5. “The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” –John Bingham, No Need for Speed: A Beginner’s Guide to the Joy of Running
6. “The true runner is a very fortunate person. He has found something in him that is just perfect.” –George Sheehan
7. “I don’t run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days.” -Ronald Rook
8. “It was being a runner that mattered, not how fast or how far I could run. The joy was in the act of running and in the journey, not in the destination.” -John Bingham
9. “Many people shy away from hills. They make it easy on themselves, but that limits their improvement. The more you repeat something, the stronger you get.” -Joe Catalano
10. “A course never quite looks the same way twice. The combinations of weather, season, light, feelings and thoughts that you find there are ever-changing.” -Joe Henderson
Have a favorite running quote that you think carries an inspiring message for kids? Share it below.
Disclosure: As a blogger, I’m required to let you that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you. Thanks so much for being here.