I’m thrilled to announce that I’m helping to coordinate the ShoeFly Trail Running Series & Trail Running Festival in beautiful Vermont this year.
The 2017 ShoeFly Trail Running Festival will take place on Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vermont. Have you heard of this town or these trails? Well, let’s just say you’d better get your family registered and get to this Northern region of Vermont. This is the small town, adventure lovin,’ family-friendly trail running experience that you’ll remember for…probably ever.
This weekend trail running festival features an opportunity to run some of the best dirt in the East. I’m talking real trails. Real distances for everyone in your family. In Vermont. This is the place where people never want to leave once they have a taste of the laid back, Vermont outdoor lifestyle.
SEPTEMBER 15-17, 2017
East Burke, Vermont
1 Milers, 5Ks, 10Ks, Costume Runs, 10K Glowstick/Headlamp Torch run
25K, 50K, 12/24 HR Solo/Relays
Umm…did I mention that you practically have the whole weekend to finish a 50K, if needed…you’ve always dreamed about ‘ultrarunner’ status, right?
Beyond the very obvious reason of running awesome trails, here are 7 Reasons You’ll Want to Be in East Burke, Vermont this September and Run at the 2017 ShoeFly Trail Running Festival:
1. East Burke is one cool town with some of the best dirt on the East. Come run with us all weekend long! (1M, 5Ks, 10Ks, 25K, 50K, 10K Glowstick/Torch Run, 12HR/24HR Solo/Relay Ultras);
2. East Burke is located in Vermont’s beautiful Northeast Kingdom, which is listed among the 1,000 Places to See Before you Die;
3. East Burke ranks among America’s 10 Best Mountain Bike Towns (National Geographic);
4. East Burke is home to the Burke Mountain Hotel, which ranks among New England’s Most Luxurious Ski Resorts (Boston.com);
5. East Burke is included in the List of Top 10 Mountain Biking Trails in America (Men’s Fitness)
6. East Burke is home to Burke Mountain Academy – the famous ski school that is known for churning out Olympians like Mikaela Shiffrin.
7. You’ll get to meet some cool running families, like my crew. My four trail runners will hit the trails.
Hope to see you at ShoeFly 2017! Register soon to get the best rates, and if you’re not camping to get local accommodations.